The past few months I have strictly been listening to audiobooks on Audible, even though I used to say I hated audiobooks. I felt it took the fun out of reading, but once I became fully immersed in Washburn's Consulting, it became a necessity. But, this weekend I had an excuse to go to our local library and pick up some new reads.
I had planned on picking up The Art of Social Media, but my library did not have a copy so I looked around in the business/entrepreneur section to see what stood out to me. I typically check out quite a few books since I cannot always make it that way when I want something new to read. Check out what I'm reading for the month of May -- and I'll be sure to report back if they are reads I would recommend.
1. You Do You by Sarah Knight - I have read her other books, The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck and Get your Sh*t Together and enjoyed both of them.
2. Slow by Brooke McAlary - I now realize that I may have read this already, but it is a quick read with some great tips on "Simple Living for a Frantic World" as written on the cover.
3. Reinforcements by Heidi Grant - I picked this one up because while I was looking up titles at the library, this was a recommendation for me. I am excited to read it as the cover says "How to Get People to Help You" - Sign me up for that!!
4. Daring & Disruptive Unleashing the Entrepreneur by Isa Messenger - Again another book I picked up just because of the cover (sometimes by doing this I really find some great books). Publishers Weekly says "Full of stirring wisdom that's particularly relevant to entrepreneurs, but also to anyone chasing success".
5. Seven Practices of a Mindful Leader by Marc Lesser - It says the book gives a lesson from Google and a Zen Monastery Kitchen.
6. What You Don't Know About Leadership But You Probably Should by Jeffrey A. Kottler - This book is about applications to daily life and realistic and candid approach to learning the key attributes of leadership, rather than the superficial guarantees of other books on the subject.
7. Crushing It! How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence - And How You Can, Too by Gary Vaynerchuk - This was actually the only book my library had that I came looking for. I live in a very small town so I have to request for them to bring in a lot of books I am looking for. But, I don't mind it and I hope that on some level others are wanting them as well. The book has praise from Dwayne Johnson (which I do really love!), Jessica Alba, John Mayer, and others.
If you check any of these out or have read them already, let me know what you thought in the comments!